EYES ARE CONSTANTLY
exposed to harmful rays (Radiations)
People’s eyes are constantly exposed to harmful rays. And the important point is that these are present in our common surroundings. The gadgets we use especially the digital ones add more to it. There is lack of awareness in terms of these harmful rays and especially the causes of these. Hence people are not taking adequate action to protect their eyes.
Scientific studies have linked exposure to blue light and reflected UV light, along with smoking, obesity, and poor diet to decreased eye health including age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and cataracts. 
Many people are unaware of blue light which is emitted from devices, screens, and low energy bulbs – whilst large numbers think of Ultra-Violet light as only a danger when looking directly at the sun, not realizing that there reflections off water, windows, and roads.
Essilor has conducted a poll through YouGov to find out just how low awareness of these dangers is. Of the 2,096 people polled:
- 29% knew that blue light was also caused eye damages.
- 76% had not heard of E-SPF* ratings and how they protect eyes from UV.
- 72% of people were unaware that there were options in lenses to protect against blue light or / and UV light.
- 36% knew that smoking tobacco harmed the eyes
- 35% knew that obesity could also affect the eyes
- One in ten people were completely unaware that any of these factors could affect eyesight at all.